1. Getting this reaction every time you tell people you live in Vegas and you don’t drink:
2. You know that everyone is secretly imagining that your life is like this:
(Okay, sometimes it’s like that).
But really, most of the time, your life is like this:
3. There are actually a lot of sober things to do in Vegas. But try to tell people who don’t live here that, and they look at you like:
4. You have a bunch of good reasons you don’t drink, but the biggest one is:
5. Because Vegas is a 24-hour town, “let’s hang out” often involves meeting up at 11pm.
You have to chug 7 cups of coffee just to keep up.
6. And when friends visit from out of town, you know you’ll have to time it right so that you get there before the situation dissolves into this:
#FriendsNotSober #SoNotFunny #Help
7. You don’t visit the Strip at 3am very often, but when you do, you feel like you’re the only sane person alive.
But seriously. Is no one else seeing this?!
8. Finding a place to belong in this city isn’t always easy – especially at first
Could use some help here!
9. And sometimes you feel you’re alone in your non-drinking status
Where are all my sober peeps at?
10. But ultimately, you don’t care
11. Because not drinking means you get to wake up each morning feeling refreshed and energized.
And just in time to see this:
And you get to enjoy a side of Sin City few people see: The sober side
And that’s the best feeling in the world.
Now it’s YOUR turn!
Let’s show the world that there’s more to Sin City than cocktails and clubs; let’s help them realize that there’s another, healthier side of Vegas, too. Share your best “Sober Vegas” photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tag them #SoberVegas. Be sure to follow LVRC on Facebook and Twitter, as we share more #SoberVegas posts!
About Las Vegas Recovery Center (LVRC): Las Vegas Recovery Center is a Las Vegas rehab that specializes in drug and alcohol addiction treatment and pain recovery. We help people in the Southern Nevada community (and people from around the world) better understand addiction and discover their road to recovery. Want to read more?