Meet Robert Cui, LVRC’s Experienced and Friendly Dietary Services Coordinator from Hawaii
Every couple of months, Central Recovery (CR) selects an employee to feature in our bimonthly “Employee Spotlight.” This month, CR has interviewed Dietary Services Coordinator Robert Cui. Robert works as a full-time Dietary Services Coordinator at Las Vegas Recovery Center (LVRC). His job duties include ordering food products, posting dietary restrictions, and helping to keep the kitchen up to standard.
- What made you decide to come to work at Central Recovery?
I knew a former employee, and she recommended that I work at LVRC. After I found out about all the great work LVRC does for the community, I made the decision to apply. The rest is history.
- What do you like best about your current position?
What I like best about my position is the appreciation I receive from staff and clients.
- Describe how your position contributes to the CR mission.
If clients don’t have to worry about how the food will taste from day to day, then they can fully concentrate getting better and healing. Good food feeds the soul.
- What is your biggest success story at CR?
Just being in such a great work environment is a success in itself.
- How do you measure your own success?
I measure my success by the feeling I get from knowing that when I leave work each day, I did my best and accomplished everything I needed to get done.
- Describe the leadership skills you feel you have.
I feel my knowledge and experience have an impact on my position.
- What is the wildest idea you have had in the past year outside of work?
Um, I don’t have too many of those anymore.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I like bowling and I used to be a solid baseball player, but I don’t play anymore. I greatly enjoy spending time with my Ohana (family).
- Tell us one thing that people may not know about you.
I used to own two small Hawaiian restaurants—one in Las Vegas and one in Midland, Texas. Both restaurants were lost in 2008 when I had a heart attack. Previous Employee Spotlights:
- Nicole Davis – Client Care Coordinator
- Kasey Dean, DNP, APRN, PMHNP – Director of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner
- Dusty Howland – Senior Clinical Associate and Client Services Coordinator
Las Vegas Recovery Center (LVRC) is a chronic pain and addiction recovery program located in northwest Las Vegas, Nevada. LVRC is overseen by chief medical Officer Dr. Mel Pohl, and offers a wide-range of addiction recovery services, including detox, inpatient and outpatient treatment,